Why be a member?
Members can participate in all our club activities and are regularly kept up-to-date on what is going on (readings, workshops, trips, castings, etc.) and encouraged to join in whenever they can. Prospective members are also welcome to come and attend a couple of gatherings before deciding on full membership.
We hold monthly play readings, where any of our members can suggest a play to be read. We gather together for a bite to eat and a chat, then read our selected play.
There are also trips to other English speaking theatres, and workshops on a variety of topics (stage makeup, lighting and sound, wardrobe, stage combat etc).
But the best part of our group is the real family spirit we have. When a play is being prepared, we all pull up our sleeves to help. Members dedicate a bit of their free time and enthusiasm to collaborate in the production, whether it be acting, sound and lighting, props, stage assembly, wardrobe, makeup, promotion, etc. We welcome heartily any specialists in these fields who want an opportunity to practice their hobby in such a magical environment. And if you think you have nothing to offer, think again! We all started somewhere, and you will definitely learn a lot while working alongside us. You don't need to be Picasso with a paintbrush - as long as you get more on the set than on you, we'll be happy! Can't change the oven clock but fancy having a go at the lighting board? No problem, we can show you how! To act in one of our plays, it is important to have a good knowledge of English, but accent is not a problem. In fact, we sometimes prefer it!
If you want to be a member please follow the steps below and pay your membership fee either using bank transfer or Paypal (details below).
Membership is also required for participation in club activities, and insurance for any accidents.
Qualifying for membership
The SSCC has three types of membership, internal, external, and affiliate.
The chart below will help you decide which category you fall under. The only practical differences are in the membership annual fee value and the fact that External and Affiliate members do not qualify for any club subsidies for participating in activities. If you are not sure of your company is contributing or not, you can find this list here.
If none of the above apply to you, you are considered an 'Affiliate' member.
Our annual fees are as follows:
Internal member 20€
External member 25€
Junior member (under 16 years of age) 5€
To become a member, please go to the mySSCC portal and subscribe, see below.
Subscribing to the SSCC is mandatory for all members. The SSCC provides a lot of the funding for ETG activites, and this funding is based on how many members we have.
It is a very simple process and it will take only a few minutes of your time.
1 - Go to the mySSCC website www.mysscc.club/home
2 - Hit the 'Register' button
3 - Fill in all the relevant fields (if you have an esa/eumetsat e-mail, please use that one) and press ' Register'
4 - Once you have access to your account, navigate to 'Update My Account' option (see below)
5 - In the Update section fill in the missing information (Option 1,2 or 3 depending on the options below and your phone number):
- If you are an ESA/Eumetsat Internal/External member (you work for ESA/Eumetsat, for one of the contributing companies or for one of the non-contributing companies, select your company under the Option 1 menu.
- If you are an Affiliate (no affiliation with ESA, Eumetsat or any of the Contracting companies), select 'Affiliates' under the Option 1 menu. Additionally we kindly ask you to fill in the 'About Me' section to give the SSCC some information regarding yourself (for example, I am involved in this production, I have been a member for x years, etc)
- If you are a family member of an ESA/Eumetsat Internal/External person things are slightly more complicated:
- If the spouse/partner/parent who is working for ESA/Eumetsat/Contracting company already has a mySSCC account, then you can fill in Option 2 or Option 3 with the e-mail used by him/her to create their mySSCC account
- If the spouse/partner/parent who is working for ESA/Eumetsat/Contracting company does not have a mySSCC account, he/she has to subscribe to mySSCC first (ask them to follow points 1 to 6).
6 - Hit the update button (now the SSCC will know what is your membership status, i.e. internal, external or affiliate)
7 - Request the membership to the ESOC Theatre Group by navigating to 'Request Membership' as shown below
In the 'Club' menu, select 'Theatre'
9 - Once the transfer has been received, the ETG Committee will confirm your mySSCC subscription and you will be a member of the Theatre club! Yay!